Hosting the most senior gas industry executives in the world, combined with the most ever paper submissions, the 18th International Liquefied Natural Gas Conference & Exhibition (LNG 18) was a mega conference across multiple levels.
Taking place on 15-19 April 2016 in Perth, the world-class event was six years in the making. Arinex was appointed PCO in 2011, using meticulous planning to ensure every detail was considered.
LNG 18 featured, as plenary speakers, the largest number and highest level of LNG industry leaders worldwide. For the first time the CEOs from Shell, Chevron and Woodside jointly opened the plenary program. The Conference also received the largest number of papers and posters for the technical program in the history of the LNG X series.
Other highlights included;
• Conference opened by then-Prime Minister, The Hon Malcolm Turnbull, and then-Premier, The Hon Colin Barnett;
• 8,766 participants attended from around the world;
• Over 300 exhibitors from over 60 countries showcased;
• A 5-day program that included plenary sessions, workshops, three lunches with high level speakers, exhibition, dedicated poster session, technical tours to world-leading LNG facilities, sightseeing tours, opening and closing ceremonies, a Welcome Reception and a Conference Networking Event;
• The chance to interact with industry leaders on the evolving technological, commercial, social and environmental challenges affecting the LNG industry;
• High level representatives from 68 countries and 750 different companies;
• 184 members of the media;
• 33 security personnel;
• 10,000 bread rolls, 2.5 tonnes of fruit and veg, 80 litres of olive oil, 1,050kg of meat;
• Additional events included Technical Tours, an Accompanying Persons program, pre and post tours, a golf day and excursions during the Event.