An interview with Professor Claude Roux, Director, Centre for Forensic Science, Sydney shares the benefits of appointing the right PCO and reappointment of Arinex provided innovation, creativity and security during COVID-19.
What should organisers look for when appointing a PCO?
• Strong and long-lasting experience – someone who has seen all the challenges that may arise (well, almost all, COVID-19 required experience)
• Financially robust – ensure that the company will not disappear along the way
• Strong capacity – the success will depend on a single staff member
• Ability to both guide and listen to the committee – professional and personable relationship is important
• Innovative without being over-risky
• Strong links with the events industry and governments
• Organisation Committees should do their homework and look for independent references
What are the biggest challenges for organising a quality conference that a good PCO can assist with?
• Overall project planning and appropriate timeline
• Dealing with venues, hotels, logistics etc
• Sponsorship and exhibition
Why did you select Arinex?
• Industry leader complying with all our points in question 1 above
• Returned happy customer
• Interviewed the best. Balanced and more realistic than competitors
What were your concerns with re-appointing Arinex as your PCO?
• Being biased because of our previous positive experience with Arinex
• Complacency from Arinex for the same reasons
What were the benefits of working with Arinex?
• Arinex know their job and the industry like nobody else
• Great planners
• No financial surprises
• Outstanding through the whole process of postponement of the meeting due to COVID-19
Would you select Arinex again?
• Yes, without any doubt…however, our current meeting has not been delivered yet!
Are there any areas you feel Arinex has excelled in?
• Professional support and outstanding advice through COVID-19 crisis
video coming soon