Amazing Client OutcomesAssociation of Children’s Welfare Agencies Biennial Conference 2012
559 delegates attended the Conference at the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre in August 2012. The attendee profile of this Conference involved all persons interested in children, youth and family welfare services. Therefore there was a significant number of delegates from the government sector, including the Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs and Aboriginal Child, Family and Community Care State Secretariat.
After managing a very successful conference for ACWA in 2010, Arinex was appointed to manage the conference in 2012. Below are the highlights from the 2012 meeting:
- An impressive total of 117 oral presentations were given over the three-day conference.
- On Wednesday 22 August 2012, the program incorporated 6 Master Classes, which focused on specific topics and allowed delegates to interact with speakers in a more intimate setting.
- Throughout the conference there were personal elements including a video presentation and a speech from a youth at the CREATE Foundation. There was an ‘As Eye See It’ photo exhibition with pictures taken by children and young adults which gave delegates insight into their perspective of the world.
- The Welcome Reception was held at the NSW Government House and was hosted by Her Excellency Professor Marie Bashir AC CVO, Governor of New South Wales.
- The Conference Dinner was incorporated with the ACWA 12 Inaugural Achievement Awards was a highlight of the conference. The dinner was held in the Star Room at Darling Harbour (above the IMAX theatre) where guests enjoyed a three course meal overlooking panoramic views of Darling Harbour. Menus placed at each table had designs that were produced by children and added a great ambiance to the décor of the room. Large wax lanterns were used as centrepieces and the colourful dots on the lanterns further enhanced the artistic expressions of the menus.
- Arinex’ dedicated sponsorship and exhibition team worked with the client to acquire sponsorship and sell exhibition space. Sponsorship was exceeded by $30,000 and exhibition booths were sold out.
“From managing this Conference in 2010, Arinex were able to build on their knowledge to generate successful outcomes for the 2012 and 2014 conferences. Nothing has been too much trouble for the team and we commend them for their generosity of spirit and professional attitudes in dealing with participants.”Andrew McCallum
Get In Touch
Join our Mailing List
Be the first to hear the latest Arinex news updates and market trends by subscribing to our mailing list.
Please Note: It is our policy not to sell or pass on any personal information that you may have provided to us unless we have your consent to do so. The exception to this is where we may be required by law to disclose certain information.